Summer means time to relax and get away. Vacations or weekend trips are always fun but sometimes it can be a little stressful to prepare for a trip, especially if you have kids. Here are some tips on how you can make it a little easier on you!
- Create a list for each person you need to pack for to make sure no items are forgotten.
- Remember, most items can be bought where you are going in case you do forget something!
- If flying, remember to have one checked bag for items that cannot be carried on.
- Be sure to pack your child’s comfort item, a change of clothes, and necessity items in your carry-on just in case luggage arrives late or lost.
- Doing laundry prior to your vacation will minimize the amount that will be needed done when you come back.
- Depending on how long you will be gone, you may want to ask your neighbor to collect your mail and keep an eye on your home.
- You can also stop your mail temporarily and have it delivered when you return.
- If you have pets or plants that need to be taken care of, ask someone to stay at your house while you are away.
- Putting a light on a timer in your home will help to deter break-ins while you are away.
- If you have young kids, or even if you want the convenience, plan on where you will eat and make reservations in advance, so you won’t have to fight a crowd or have a wait time to go eat.
- Plan out an itinerary for each day so you don’t have to plan out your day while on vacation.
- Budget for each day – If you have a certain amount saved for each day it allows you to spend some extra without worrying that you will bust your budget!
All in all, the more you can plan ahead, the less stress you may endure once the day comes for the vacation. Remember to relax and enjoy your time with the people you love while on your trip!
Need more summer inspiration? Check out these summer challenges to get you motivated!