The year-end is an excellent opportunity for a fresh start for you and your home. If you’re unsure where to start, it’s best to begin with one room at a time to initiate the declutter process. Once your items are sorted, it is easier to organize them with containers and labels to help support your new lifestyle.
Organization can be applied to about any room in the home. Adding containers and organization bins does not have to be expensive and they can be found in-store and online at a low price. Let’s discover what items we can use to help organize.
I believe many would agree the kitchen is the best room in home for the late night snacker! Why not make it easier to locate and grab your favorite food when entering the kitchen?
Countertop: Store the toaster, dish rack, and air fryer away and remove what is not in use. Start with clearing off the counter. This will help maximize counterspace.
- Try canisters with labels to store sugar and flour. This helps create easier access to staple food items.
- Spice up your spice rack with a plastic shelf that helps you visibly see your kitchen ingredients.
The Pantry: This plays an important role in being organized, it can provide an easier way to view the food items in your household.
- Crates can be used to group same food items in one area to add more space in your pantry.
- Plastic clear containers work for multiple food items such as, cereal, snacks, and pasta.
Refrigerator: Get quicker access to food and spend less time holding the fridge door open.
- Clear containers can hold you your fruits, vegetables, or larger items like juices or canned foods. This will help you avoid throwing away food that’s gone bad. Help your fruits and veggies stay fresh longer!
- Egg holders provide more room to store items and less damage to your eggs.
Let’s face it, does your room bring you peace after a long day? Or stress you out from the clutter flooding your room? Going through your room you might find the need for more space and realize you don’t have it. Here’s how to find that space that you have been missing…
Closet: While going through your wardrobe, you may find clothing that you no longer need. That’s normal! Feel free to have an organization bin for donations as you sort through your closet. In the meantime, this is how we can clean up what you still have.
- Storage bins can be utilized to store shoes or large clothing items to avoid and prevent a bulky closet.
- Baskets help store jeans and seasonal clothing items. Baskets can vary from fabric, wicker, or plastic. Find the style that best suits you!
Drawers: It’s okay, we are all guilty of the junk drawer in our room. You know the one where we throw random things in because we don’t know where else it would fit. Well, here’s your sign to straighten it up!
- Small bins to store t-shirts or undergarments will help open more space and avoid overflowing.
- Dividers to help group smaller items like jewelry or makeup to keep the area clean.
- Tray placements on top of the dresser for easy access instead of opening your drawers. These are ideal when you are on the go.
Did a lightbulb go off while reading this? Are you inspired about how you can get your home into a system of organization and enjoy a cleaner, more efficient space? Happy sorting!
Now that you have seen new ways on how to organize your space check out more tips here!