Sometimes making ends meet financially is a challenge. That’s life, right? Especially when you are saving as well as you can already. It can be frustrating. Below we’ve explored some ways to cut spending . Evaluate where you fit within the areas below and start practicing these tips!
Whether you’re trying to save a little to learn the discipline or saving up for something sizable like a car or home – the ideas below are sure to get you on the right path!
Need to save a little:
- Cook at home (make meals in large quantities, try freezer meals)
- Stop going to the movies, go to the library instead (rent a movie or read – it’s up to you)
- Skip the soda and drink water
- Open the windows and turn the air/ heat off
Need to save more:
- Pay off your credit cards and then try to use cash whenever possible
- Shop secondhand/ thrift
- Create a monthly budget
- Cut your entertainment cost (either downgrade or cut internet/cable)
Need to save the most:
- Cut your phone bill (downgrade your phone or service, try prepaid)
- Use interior fans for air in spring/ fall depending on climate
- Make a grocery list of food staples you can use repetitively for meals
- Have a garage sale
- Consider selling things you don’t need/ want
- Find an inexpensive hobby you can profit from (knitting/painting/wood delivery/mowing grass/art)
- Have someone help keep you accountable
Remember, you’ve got this! The changes may take some getting used to, but the reward is always worth it.