After the past year/ year and a half we all need an extra hand and a little extra love. This is especially true for our veterans, active members, and military families. In this post I’ll be looking non-profits and support networks that look to help those people, and how to join them. It’s so important to give back where you can.
There are many ways to help non-profits like these.
The three most helpful ways to do so are:
- Donate. You can donate money directly, drop off a physical item by looking at needs lists or asking the organization what they’d benefit from at the time, plus you could also sponsor someone or donate to an event. You can also become a monthly or consistent donor.
- Volunteer Time. Offering your time, especially continuously over time is very helpful to most organizations. This helps you learn the true heart of the organization and be able to know the fine details of their work.
- Awareness/ Advocate. This is important for all non-profits, but definitely local organizations. More eyes, hands on deck, and donations are what keep these groups going. Anytime you find a cause you love that you know does good work – be vocal about it. It’s an easy way to make the world better. Just sharing their work, vision, and maybe why it matters to you or why you’d want others to join.
Here are some organizations I think are great:
- Wounded Warrior
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors
- Children of Fallen Patriot’s Foundation
- Operation Gratitude
- Freedom Service Dogs of America
- AAAA Scholarship Foundation, Inc.
- Blinded American Veterans Foundation
- National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
- Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, Inc.
Places you can find great non-profits to support:
I hope that this post helps to connect you to some organizations that do amazing work. Pass this on or share with a friend and consider helping your community together! To all our military men and women, thank you for your service.