With fall in full swing, it’s time to prep your home for winter. There are plenty of easy and efficient ways to protect your home from the elements and clean out seasonal build-up. So print out this checklist and get started! If your home could talk – it would thank you!
- Change air filters: Easy to do and it maintains indoor air quality and ensures your AC/Heat flows efficiently
- Remove window units or winterize them
- Check for leaks: Do your windows need to be caulked? Have a dripping sink? Remedy these areas to save on your utility bills.
- Clean + prepare chimney/ fireplace: Consider hiring a chimney sweep. Clean up your fireplace if it can be used or stuff the chimney appropriately. Be sure to ask for professional help if you’re unsure how to clean or use your fireplace.
- Clean out gutters
- Put garden hoses up: drain the hose and disconnect it so the water doesn’t freeze and ruin your hose.
- Seal interior/ exterior gaps: Be sure your home is well insulated.
- Collect firewood: If you have a wood stove or want to have bonfires now is the time to start collecting.
- Check your roof: Weathering over time has probably left your roof with some wear and tear. Be sure it’s fixed before winter when snow and freezing temperatures can damage your roof.
Here’s to being prepared and a great winter! This may also be a great time to consider checking into insulation options for your home if you notice a need for it in your mobile home!