There’s plenty out there on how to keep the outside of your mobile home maintained. From roof coating, to checking to see if the home is level – you’re encouraged to protect the outside of your home. So why not do the same with the interior? Let’s look at things you can do to keep the inside of your home in great shape, too.
- Bust the dust. Dust can happen on your vinyl over gypsum covered walls like clockwork. Keep those walls fresh with a wipe down every month. Check your ceiling fan blades, air filter returns (if accessible), and corners for dust and cobwebs as well. Stuck on dust is annoying to clean. Catch it before it gets worse!
- Protect those floors! Vinyl flooring can be impacted most by water and indentions. Keep them safe by always mopping/wiping up after spills. Also, check appliances for leaks and deal with them immediately. To avoid scuffs, put soft felt rounds on the legs of furniture. Rugs can also help preserve your floors.
- Keep your lighting eco-friendly. Lose those old bulbs and swap them out for some more cost-efficient ones. You’ll pay more on the front end but it’s worth it and they won’t get as hot as those others!
- Change the position of your furniture. Don’t leave that couch in the same place for five years, welcome a little change and relieve those floors as well as clean a place that you haven’t cleaned in a while. This is a great way to keep carpet from getting permanent indentions.
- Protect those pipes. Especially in the winter! Open cabinet doors so warm air can reach pipes at night, leave water dripping slightly, and keep thermostat level. No burst pipes make for a happy home!
- The Classic. Change your air filters monthly! This gives you clean air and helps your system stay clean.
- Clean vent hood over oven. Wipe it down every now and then or take it down and soak it for an easy clean. You might even try your dishwasher.
There are more items on the interior of your home to address, these are just the basics. Maintaining your home could build your equity if other factors play in and your home is attached to land. Improve your investment by keeping your home tidy! Learn more about how the condition of a home can impact you in the long run!