“The kitchen is the heart of the house.” You’ve heard it said, and it’s true. It’s where you sit down to fuel up and talk about your day. It’s the unloading and the pickup zone. Let’s make that space special.
If you feel bored of your kitchen, need a change of pace, or just want to create a space you love to cook in – here are some ideas for you.
- Add space – Think organizers! Try shelving for your drawers or refrigerator. Add lid organizers, utensil holders, or a hanging pots and pans display.
- Add mats or rugs – If the floor is a little worn out or you want to hide damage, place a mat in front of the sink. You can also add runners for a decorative touch.
- Embellish with a pop of color – This is easy. Use one bright color to decorate your kitchen. Try towels, vases, plates, and soap holders of one color. You can paint some of the items you have to cut the cost.
- Show off the season – Bring a bit of the season inside! It’s summer so display flowers, fruits/veggies, and herbs.
- Add a chalkboard – Be better about planning meals by using the chalkboard for a weeknight menu. You can also make it decorative, use it to display photos, or write a weekly quote on it.
- Switch up the seating – Do you have a sizable island? Consider adding stools. Tired of your table? Try something new, swap with a family member, or add a tablecloth.
- Add some warm lighting – Trying placing a lamp on the island. Add candles to open counter space.
Want something a little more involved?