Mobile homes are a product of variety. There are tons of styles and types to fit different people. With all these changes and options the possibilities are endless! The same is true for older models. You don’t have to have a new model to have a modern look. Want to update your home?
We’ve hit on some practical ways that you can update your home. Not only do these ideas improve the overall appearance, but they could also add value! Need some ideas on how to maintain your home and keep it looking on trend? Check out the list below!
- Change door knobs – Not a fan of those gold knobs? Changing old knobs can give the whole home a modern feel. Most knobs are about $10-20 per door. You can even buy one every month if you don’t have enough to get them all at once.
- Paint kitchen cabinets — Darker cabinets are in! Update lighter cabinets with a painting kit that is cost-efficient. Kits usually don’t require priming, and they give you step by step instructions. Most kits run about $70. If you don’t want to go dark – simply pick any color to freshen up old or worn cabinets.
- Alter decorative spaces— Older models often have decorative pieces or windows that aren’t always practical. You can easily paint frosted glass with chalk board paint ($20-30) or cover the area with cork to make them functional.
- Update vinyl flooring – Floors often show age. However, they definitely cost more than the other ideas. If you’re looking for an investment – this is the one. Costs vary depending on square feet and style. This is another place where you can do one room at a time to regulate costs.
- Change light fixtures – Lighting sets the vibe of a home. Modern lighting is EVERYWHERE! A simple hanging light in the kitchen or a spotlight on an accent wall can give your mobile home a fresh look! You can even add wall lights for an even more updated look.
- Refinish tubs— If your tub looks discolored by age or mineral water it may be time for a facelift. Bathroom remodels are an option, but they are pricey. If you’re wanting to save some of the cost you may want to consider refinishing your tub. Be sure to research this one and ask people who have had it done.
- Landscaping— Adding some potted flowers or lining the home with different plants is a great way to add color and youth to the exterior of a mobile home. You can even put a patio set in the yard! Try these ideas!
Ready to get started? Pick a project from the list and you’ll be on your way. This may even get you thinking of something you want to update that we didn’t list. We know it’s going to look GREAT!
⇒All it takes is 2 steps to SUBSCRIBE to our BLOG⇐
1. Scroll to the bottom of the page
2. Enter your email and receive our latest posts in your inbox!