Hanging Christmas lights seems like an easy, stress-free decorating event, but it’s not. Unless, you have a strategy! Depending on how the gutters are laid out on your mobile home or how your roof is structured you’ll have some options on how you can hang your lights well. We will leave skip on the nails and choose methods that won’t damage your gutters. Let’s look at what ways we can hang the lights without struggle.
First things first:
- Before beginning the process, you want to be sure you know how long of an area you’ll be covering with lights and you’ll want to be sure you can reach an outlet. Measuring the length with a measuring tape is way better idea than eyeballing it – don’t skip on this step.
- Check to be sure you have proper extension cords labeled for outdoor use.
- Also, before putting lights up be sure your strands work, and no bulbs are missing or burnt out.
- Next find a ladder and safely assemble it and get a friend or family member to be a spotter. Don’t have a ladder? Try an extender rod to help you hang your lights with ease and a little more safety.
- Beyond this think up your layout and where you’ll be putting your lights. Once you’ve checked on these things and have a layout plan, now you’re ready to consider how to hang your lights!
- Want a super easy was to hang lights? Instructables recommends using badge office clips to hang your lights! Honestly, what a great idea! Not only does this keep your gutters clear and not damage your gutters or lights, but it also is secure. Simply wrap the plastic around the cord and clip the light to part of your gutter.
- Another great option is plastic s-hooks! These are affordable and light weight.
- You could also use some type of adhesive hook and place them under the gutters according to an exterior expert’s website. Be sure to get strong hooks that can deal with weather. Learn how to do the process here!
- There are also under the gutter specific clips that you can use if you have gutter guards.
- You can also use zip ties for railings or any areas that have holes.
We hope that this helps you make the exterior of your mobile home look amazing! We hope this takes the stress and struggle out of decorating! Now here’s to making your home look festive!