A single wide home is a great choice in homeownership. For many they are a perfect fit, but for the growing family, the collector, or the person that likes a good amount of cozy, personal touches – you may feel the need to think about your space creatively. There’s plenty of space available to you – sometimes all you need is a bit of perspective to help you realize those spaces.
Let’s dive into some ways to make your space work better for your lifestyle!
- Practical furniture. Do you have bulky pieces about? Is your couch too large for the space? Thinking about the size and placement of your furniture is the pinnacle to creating space. Place your furniture in a way that agrees with the room or covers dead space.
- Shelving for days. Use shelves to increase storage and take your decor up. If you’re unsure how to hang things well on your mobile home walls learn more here. Get the more about different ways to hang items here. Make the most of your space with sturdy shelves.
- Expand your closet. If you’re closet is sparing, try investing in a rolling clothes rack. You can also work inside your closet to utilize the space that is already there, read more here.
- Add levels to your kitchen cabinets. Your cabinets may feel full, but are you using organizational shelves? If there’s space above your plates or mugs you can add those shelves with the four legs that are usually wire on the top for maximum stacking. There are also great towel bars, and thin, hanging baskets that may fit over cabinet doors.
- Use the doors. Over the door hangers are your best friend! Use them! From shoe racks designed over the door to spice racks – this is a major space saver!
- Organization station (catch all). Find a center with a desk, bulletin board, and calendar to serve as the place for all mail and new items in your home. This can serve as a transitional space for items and be used to keep random items in one place.
We hope these ideas help you get organized and allow you to use and make space you didn’t realize you had available!