I love making messes. Carving pumpkins is a blast, but sometimes you need a lower-maintenance option. Especially if you’re having a party. Less mess can mean an easier clean up. If you’ve got kids these options can save you a lot of hassle, too! Let’s check out some no carve options that still make for a super spooky pumpkin!
There are so many cool things you can make without even having to carve a pumpkin!
- Glitter – Obviously a favorite for kids! Simple! Just apply some glue anywhere on the pumpkin and either shake glitter onto the pumpkin or roll it in the glitter.
- Paint – You can have to exactness of carving without the hassle. Plus, there’s so much detail you can add. Keep in mind you may have to paint some things in layers.
- Buttons – Making a fun face is super easy with buttons, or just make a design. Most of us have a junk drawer with far too many buttons in it anyhow. Don’t throw them away, repurpose them!
- Bits of foliage – Nature is filled with all the fun things you could want to decorate a pumpkin with. Pinecones, twigs, acorns, and leaves are just a few of the beautiful accessories you can add to make for a unique look.
- Chalk – Paint your pumpkin with chalkboard paint and update your saying daily, or you can just use a chalk based paint for a muted look.
- Glue on some flowers – Get some fake flowers and glue them on to your pumpkin for a sweet look!
Skip the mess and keep all the fun! These no mess or less mess ideas may just become your favorite year after year!