We’re taking a twist on some classics. We’ve put together this collection of games you can add to your party to liven things up or enjoy after a long, hot day. Great for all ages, these games have just gotten better! We’re using stuff you have around the house and everyday items. We want to save you that trip to the store! Check out the games below to get started!
- Washer Toss
- Place a thin wooden board on the grass in a level area, place two recycled coffee containers on the board. You can also use old cups or recycled glass jars. You may have to tape containers down if they move.
- If you’ve got old washers lying around use those. You can also toss old keys or pennies for the same effect.
- If you’d like to do something different than the board, you can dig two small holes in the ground to throw the washers into. If you’d like a border around the holes, cut two squares out of cardboard and place them around it. Simply try and toss washers, etc. in the containers.
- Grab some flat rocks and paint x’s and o’s, or two different patterns, on them. Paint the lines on a piece of wood or cut some rope and lay them out in the tic-tac-toe grid.
- You can also use soda bottle lids instead of rocks, or cut out paper shapes.
3. Quick Water
- This is the simple water game you’ve played before. It’s great for kids or to combat some serious humidity. All you need is at least two buckets or bowls. Then you can use a large sponge, another bucket, or cup.
- Put everyone in a line with either a bucket at the end or beginning, or buckets throughout. Have players pass the full bucket or sponge to the end of the line and empty in the bucket. Mark a line on the bucket at the end. The first person to reach it wins! [The object is to pass the bucket as fast as possible without spilling!]
4. Pool noodle limbo
- Yes, it’s that easy. We recommend taping two noodles side by side and holding them up. Great for kids, they can do it themselves.
5. Three-legged race
- Tie a bandana around the two runner’s middle leg. Mark off a finish line and start the race!
6. Don’t Spill the Beans
- Have two or more teams race each other with a bowl or cup of beans!
- The catch is the cup or bowl must be placed in another bigger cup or bowl of water. You can spill all the water you want but not the beans! The one with the most beans in a bucket at the end of the race, wins!