Winter is hard on your mobile home, but spring is coming! With that in mind let’s explore how you can prepare your home for the season change. This is a time for cleaning. So find your overalls, pull your hair back, and gather your tools – it’s time to freshen up your home from the inside out!
If you’ve got a nicely landscaped yard, you’ll definitely need to get busy. Plants and grasses need prep work in March. Even though weather is pretty unruly during this time – one thing is for sure: warmer air is coming. Check out some of the options below to get you started.
“Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
- Get started by pruning winter branches
- If you’ve got a fence or deck, consider adding a fresh coat of paint or patching up spots
- For flower beds, begin clearing out dead plants or making room for new plants if you’ve got crowding
- Check out our previous blog on how to clean siding! Now’s the perfect time!
- Let the light in! Grab some cleaner or soapy water and a sponge and clean those windows inside and out!
- With spring air comes open windows – go ahead and repair your screens
- Check your sump pump to be sure it’s working properly
- Take your shades or window treatments down and wash them – if that doesn’t work for the type you have spray them with a freshener or hang them up on the line to air them out
- Clean your microwave
- Wipe out your fridge
- Add decorative touches of spring throughout your home